Keep up the good work of focusing on improving our health by eating well, thinking well, and moving well. Here’s a recipe from Whole9, linked from SnoRidge Crossfit and it looks awesome! We’re going to try it here and thought you might want to whip up some paleo banana nut muffins too.
Recipe: Paleo Banana-nut Muffins
Stuff You’ll Need:
- 1 cup shredded coconut (found in the baking aisle)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds (I just finely chopped some sliced almonds)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons Walnut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 2 generous teaspoons Almond Butter
- 4 bananas, mashed
- Drizzle of honey, sweeten to taste
How It Works:
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Grease muffin tin
- Combine all ingredients, however you can (batter will be lumpy)
- Fill cups in the muffin tin about 2/3 of the way
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Yields approx. 12 muffins”
YUMM!!! Let’s get to it and stay focused on making those decisions that bring us closer to gold medal health.
This recipe is from Whole9 and they have more goodness to share. They even cater weddings! <http://whole9life.com/2011/08/whole9-caters-a-wedding/> If looking for more, check them out.
Anyone wishing more information may contact Dr. Cummins, whose office is located at 4122 Factoria Blvd. SE, Suite 202, Bellevue, WA (telephone 425-590-9158).