Issaquah – The Rowing Health & Wellness Symposium Sat. Feb. 7 will offer 8 continuing education (CME/CEU) credits to doctors and physical therapists. BOC credits for Athletic Trainers pending. Tell your doctor, PT or Athletic Trainer as they can get professional credit by learning how to better serve you as a patient.
Featured speakers at the Rowing Health & Wellness Symposium:
Athletes- What holds your body together during the long rows day in and day out?
Athletic Trainers- What wellness strategies can help keep rowing injuries at bay?
Doctors- Is optimal nervous system function and structural integrity helpful for rowers?
Olympic Rowing Champion Anna Cummins and Bob Cummins, World Rowing Champion and Doctor of Chiropractic, own and operate Bellevue’s Cummins Chiropractic and Wellness. The Cummins help optimize performance of rowers and athletes by providing support for their structure and nervous system through advanced chiropractic care. Wellness and injury prevention are their specialty in a natural and drug free way. Each patient is a part of our team and together we are striving for gold medal health.
See Anna and Dr. Bob Cummins speak Saturday February 7 by registering. Spaces are filling up fast so be sure to register today! http://rehabissaquah.com/rowingsymposium/
Purpose of the Rowing Health & Wellness Symposium:
Our goal is to begin a community-wide dialogue on what it takes to keep rowers healthy and performing well. We will do this by discussing the most common injury patterns and ailments in rowers, their causation, pathways of care and preventive strategies including rowing technical change in order to maximize peak performance, health and wellness in our rowing community.
By the conclusion of the symposium participants will be able to:
- Recognize the most common rowing injuries, their mechanism, treatment and prevention.
- Utilize nutrition and wellness strategies to maximize recovery and performance.
- Understand adaptations of the activity and equipment that make rowing accessible to individuals of varying ability and impairment.
- $125 if registered by Jan 24, 2015
- $175 if registered at the door.
- 8 hours Continuing Education Units or
- 8 hours Category II CME (Category I pending)
Featured Guest Speaker:
- Tim Hosea, MD
- Head Team Physician, USRowing Nat’l Team
- Ashwin Rao, MD
- Team Physician, Seattle Seahawks
- Head Team Physician, UW Crew
- Aaron Bunnell, MD
- Adaptive rower
- Rehabilitation Physician, UW
- Anna Cummins
- Olympic Gold Medal rower
- UW Husky Hall of Fame
- Wellness specialist
- Bob Cummins, DC
- World Champion rower
- UW Husky Hall of Fame
- Chiropractor specializing in rowers
- Erik Brand, MD, MSc
- National Champion rower for UW and Oxford
- Sports Medicine Doctor, London 2012 Olympics
- Board Certified Sports Medicine Doctor
- Jessica Paré, PT, MPT, OCS, SCS
Former varsity rower, Duquesne University
Rower & coxswain, Sammamish Rowing Association
Board certified sports physical therapist, specializing in rowers
- Karen Calara, PT, CSCS
- Physical Therapist specializing in rowers
- Kerry Mauri, PT, MS, OCS, CMPT
- Former varsity rower, Boston University
- Nicole Siegel Bulow, PT, ATC
- Former Team PT, USRowing Nat’l Team
- Susan Collins, RT
- Adaptive ergometer program, Harborview
- Tara Morgan
- Rowing Coach, Adaptive Team Seize The Oar
- Wendy Caamano, MS, RD, CD
- Team Dietician, Seattle Storm WNBA
Location: Rehab Options of Issaquah
Highmark Medical Building
1740 NW Maple Street #100
Issaquah, WA 98027
Registration: rehabissaquah.com/rowing symposium
Anyone wishing more information may contact Dr. Cummins, whose office is located at 4122 Factoria Blvd. SE, Suite 202, Bellevue, WA (telephone 425-590-9158).
Cummins Chiropractic and Wellness provides a natural and drug free solution to help neck pain, back pain, headaches and injuries from car accidents through chiropractic, massage, decompression, cold laser, auto injury recovery, and creating wellness services for those seeking gold medal health in and around Bellevue, Seattle, Renton, Factoria, Issaquah and Newcastle.