Unless you trek natural spring water home to Bellevue from your cabin at Lake Quinault in the Olympic Penninsula….. it’s sometimes hard to get excited to drink enough H2o.
We want to encourage everyone reading this to persevere to stay hydrated: drink more water! Since our bodies are made up almost entirely of this magic elixir, it’s important to keep the supply constantly replenished. Here are some reasons why:
- Water is required to cushion and lubricate the joints in the body
- Water regulates body temperature
- Water protects the brain and other internal tissues and organs
- Water boosts energy and revs up metabolism
- Water is imperative for optimal digestion
How Can I Remember to Drink Enough Water?
First of all, your body will let you know if you’re falling down on the job: you’ll be more prone to dry skin, headaches, dizziness and most importantly, fatigue! Here are some strategies to help you get in that daily dose of 80 ounces:
- Invest in a bottle that you really love! A couple of nice ones are the Swell, which is stainless steel and keeps your water cold for 24 hours, or the Asobu, which has a center compartment for infusions such as lemons, cucumber or strawberries.
- Use a free app to track and analyze your daily progress. Two good ones are Waterlogged and Daily Water.
- Use a timer on your phone. Every time it goes off, know that it’s your cue to down a healthy eight ounces!
- Add the act of drinking a glass of water to some of your existing routines. Doing so will make it far more likely that you’ll not only remember to drink your water, but that you’ll actually do it. Examples: a glass of water immediately following a shower, or the first thing when you get out of bed.
- Keep fresh water sources in multiple locations: in the car, on your desk, on your bedside table. Make it easy to access!
We all need our daily water. Regular chiropractic care and abundant hydration contribute to a nervous system that’s healthy, high-functioning and free of disease.